kristi johnston ARTWORKS

Information about current watercolor classes in Mansfield,MA: Kristi Johnston ARTWORKS. Classes for both children and adults. Recent completed watercolors and my thoughts about pieces in progress.View more of my work or contact me at http://www.KristiJohnstonArtworks.com

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Artistic Exploration of Italy

If you've been following my website at all, you know that I no longer have the paint-your-own pottery shop, but continue to paint and teach classes. I am excited to have more time to focus once again more fully on my own painting, and with that in mind I have an exciting plan for the summer!

On July 26th I will be leaving for a 2 week trip to Italy to make a life-long dream come true and paint in Italy! I will be traveling with my 16 year old daughter, Abbey, and together we will explore the sights, sounds, tastes and relationships that make Italy so special.

We will be visiting 5 towns/cities and I plan to do 14 paintings during this trip- of everything that in my mind is quintessentially Italian. We will visit Rome, Florence, Siena, Lucca and Naples. I'm sure we will hit some other places along the way, but those are the ones where we will stay at least a night or 2.

When we return I will be working on making larger paintings from the small studies I will do there and putting together enough to do a show all about the experience. I would love it if you would join me in this journey of a lifetime. There will be ways for you to support this trip and own some of the artwork created from it as it continues to evolve, so stay tuned!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 9:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds like a lot of fun! Have a great time!
    Mary Ann

     

Post a Comment

<< Home